Thursday, April 19, 2012

Egg 2012


We may not be anywhere near family.  We may be far, far away from any Egg Celebrations.  At least those involving throwing eggs at loved ones and over three-story houses.  But we can still Egg.    


 Just not over the house.  The golf course is behind the house.  And the old men might be alert for stray golf balls, but I don't think they're looking out for the wayward egg.  Plus, I would never remember to yell, "fore."


But who am I kidding, the closest I've ever come to getting an egg over the house was the time I smashed it right into the front wall.  Yep.  True story.



Anyway, we had a blast throwing eggs at each other on Easter.  And I'm pretty sure the neighbors had a blast watching us through the slits in their blinds.  We're nothing if not entertaining.



Both big boys chose their daddy as partner for the egg toss.  This probably had something to do with the whole "egg into the front of the house" incident, but I can't be sure.  I like to think maybe they just wanted to make sure we got good pictures of the event.


So I took lots of pictures.  I couldn't let my boys down, you know.  


Also, they make cute faces when they catch flying eggs.  


And they're mighty handsome, too.  Somehow, without my encouragement or permission, these boys keep growing up.  I don't get it.  It's like overnight they went from cute little chubby-wristed toddlers to big, handsome long-legged boys.  Huh?  


Oh, and just so you know.  We don't really "toss" the eggs.  We huck, launch, and pitch the eggs.  Our method may not win any Egg Tosses if you're looking for unbroken eggs, but we like it.  We did end the day with a winning egg.  And spent the next three days carrying it around Key West.  It's gone now.  But don't mention anything to Camden.  It went away while he was sleeping.


And in case you were wondering about the oldest and youngest children...


They were both on the sidelines, hoping we'd give them a chance to put an egg in their mouths.  One of them ended up eating about half a dozen eggs.  (No worries grandmas.  It wasn't the youngest.)

Easter was good.  We missed being with the family, but had a sweet day together, celebrating Christ's gift to us.  And chucking eggs at each other.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...