Saturday, September 5, 2009

Massanutten

My dad (Della) got a few days off in between training and actually going over to Afghanistan. So we all headed out to Massanutten to enjoy some family time.  Woohoo!  We sure did pack a lot into just a few days, and it was worth it.  So, without further ado, a little taste of our trip to the "mass o' nuttin"...

First up, we spent a day at the very cool and very fun water park.  No pictures.  I was too busy speeding down slides of water and stressing over how deep my boys were getting into the pretty intense wave pools.  Those two tiny boys sure did surprise a lot of people by going down every single slide.  Multiple times.  It was a blast!

The rest of the trip was much more low-key, but just as fun.  

We covered the condo floors with legos and all became pros at tiptoeing in order to protect our feet from pain and our ears from the wrath of little boys.

I took pictures of my little sister.  Because I don't get to see her often enough.  And because she's pretty.

We went hiking.  Four of the five most important men in my life are pretty tough.  The missing one is the toughest - and cutest - of all, but he wasn't there.  Boo.

We ate a LOT of ice cream.  My belly was happy.  My waistline... not so much.

We watched our neighbors the deer.  They visited multiple times a day.  We got to know them pretty well.  I'm sure they miss us as much as we miss them.

I fell in love with this baby.  And his tongue.  His mommy had two.  Think she'd mind if I brought him home with me?

We sped our way to victory at the go-kart track!  Jake talked the whole time.  My favorite quote: "This is the first time I've ever experienced anything like this!"

We played mini-golf.  The boys won big with some impressively high scores, if you know what I mean.  I, however, did not impress.  I needed Dan there to egg me on.  I always beat Dan :)

And yes, I subjected everyone to a family picture.  Nobody complained.  I guess there's a first time for everything!

1 comment:

Susan said...

great wrap up! but somehow it appears the mommy deer had two tongues. i was confused! but I figured it out.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...