Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Pride cometh before...


The Fall.

I got cocky. It's the middle of February, and we haven't had so much as a minute of sickness. And I got cocky. Hey, cold and flu season is almost over. Spring is just around the corner.

Here's a little advice: Don't get cocky. As soon as I uttered the words, "Dan, do realize nobody's gotten sick this winter? I think we made it," that's when Camden started coughing. Literally, that second, and I' not making this up. And of course, if one kid starts, the other certainly doesn't want to be left out. So now we've got two sick boys (and a scratchy-throated mommy). Sorry sweeties. I take full responsibility.

2 comments:

Karin Hopkins said...

I've been thinking that this winter....I didn't have to say it out loud I guess. Hope everyone gets well!

Cailean said...

I'm so sorry! I don't think it's cockiness so much as desperate-mommy-prayers. I am soooo praying the flu season has left Seattle. Do you guys still take those vitamin thingies? Do you think they work?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...