Tuesday, April 23, 2013

On Spring and Baseball



Jake's favorite sport is football.  Cam and Dan both love soccer best.  But me, I love baseball season best of all.  Not because I like the sport any better than the other sports my children play, of which there are several, but because there's nothing quite like a Spring evening spent at the baseball field.  It just feels like the right place to be, you know?  Not to mention baseball has the best uniforms.  As a girl, I notice things like that.


So, we're right smack dab in the middle of this baseball season and we're all loving it.  The big boys play their hearts out.  Dan helps in the dugout or keeps kids on the sidelines busy with a game of catch.  Nico and I "discuss" why we shouldn't eat rocks or throw dirt.  And we all hold our breath, count strikes, balls, runs, and outs.  And cheer.  Lots of cheering.  It's perfect.


My boys are good, too.  I know I say that a lot, and I don't mean to brag.  It just always blows me away to see them work hard and succeed as they do the things they love.  It's the best feeling in the world.  Kind of like a Spring evening at the baseball field.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...