Friday, March 1, 2013

That's Awesome



You know what I think is awesome?
That my children think I am awesome.
That is what I think is awesome.

This morning I dressed a little Aiden Cooper (The Bridge to Neverland, by Dave Barry and Ridley Pierson) and a Crispin (The Elfstones of Shannara, by Terry Brooks).  It is amazing what some smudges of eyeliner (for the dirty boy look), a paper bag elf hat, and Dad's shirt can do for a boy's imagination.  And for Mom's status as "The One Who Can Do Anything."

Speaking of Mom's status, there's another thing I think is awesome.  My boys still love to hug and kiss me.  Even in front of all the other kids at school.  Lots of moms told me this would stop in fourth grade, but so far... I'm still awesome.

I sure do love my boys.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...