Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Because I'm Awake


It's the middle of the night and I should be in bed.  I had every intention of going to bed on time - early, even - tonight.  I was in bed, husband, dog, and two-thirds of my children asleep.  But when the last kid finally let out his final yawn - the same yawn he's enjoyed immediately before giving up the fight every single night for the past nine years - and I got up to make my nightly rounds, somehow, after touching each one to make sure they were in fact breathing, I ended up downstairs at the computer instead of upstairs in my bed.  I've been sitting here for longer than I care to admit, not doing much of anything really.  Occasionally the thought flits through my sleepy little head that if I'm going to be up, I could at least straighten up the house.  It's a real mess tonight.  But I don't.  Because you know what?  Sometimes Mama needs a little down time.  And if that means sitting in the dark living room surrounded by the mess in the middle of the night, then so be it.  That's what this mama's going to do.

In other news, we've been sick.  And my computer died.  Let's have a pity party, shall we?  Thank you.  Now I feel better and we can all move on with our sweet little lives.

Because you know what, life is sweet.  I live in the land of perpetual sunny, 80-degree days.  With an amazing husband, three perfect boys, and a totally neurotic dog.

In between sick days, we have actually gotten out to see a bit of Key West.  And now that I'm set up on Dan's stinky computer, I can share a bit of this exciting adventure with you.  Lucky you.  Oh, but not today.  Because it's the middle of the night and I should be in bed.  So you know what, that's where I'm headed.  Straight past the mess that will for sure greet me with open arms in the morning and over my dog to get into my bed.  Have I mentioned the size of our current accommodations?  That's a post in and of itself.

So nighty-night, and sweet dreams.  Mine are calling.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...