Tuesday, August 9, 2011

New River Adventure

We went kayaking on the New River.
 And by "we" I really mean a group of family members, not including me.
Can you see me getting that big belly in and out of a kayak?
Would have been entertaining, I'll give you that.

I helped get the smaller crowd situated and waved as they pushed off.  All grins!

And then, as my family battled the rapids, I sat back and enjoyed the view.

And finally, little orange specks began to show up on the horizon.
Here they come!

Dan says Camden did help paddle most of the way.

The Jake-ayak looked awsome coming in!
Perfectly in sync and showing the rest of us how it's done!

And then Dan just had to go back out.
First, he took a nephew's kayak.
Then he came back with two!
Kayak hog.

Or, maybe he's not so bad.
It was a rescue mission.
Can't leave an aunt - or her kayak - out in the middle of the river.

It was a great time.  For those on the water... and those not.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...