Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Clip-On


Last night I was all set to write a really sappy post. See, I had surgery a week ago, and I have felt so loved and blessed as I've been recovering. Friends have brought meals for my family and have called to check on me daily. My boys have been so gentle and so good. (Proof that it really is possible!) And that wonderful man I married... Well, he's taken such good care of me. He's taken over all of my "mom duties" on top of his "dad duties" and work. He's catered to my every whim (he makes some yummy milkshakes!) and, thanks to him, this is the first time I have ever gone through an entire cycle of antibiotics without missing a dose! He really is that good.

I was going to write about all that stuff and share just how loved I have felt through all of this and how I am so blessed to have such wonderful family and friends.

But...

Then Camden started screaming and stumbled his way down the stairs. Naked. With a clip-on tie clipped onto his penis. I got it off (that took some doing, poor kid) and we sat on the couch icing his boy parts for a good part of the evening.

So that's why I never wrote my sappy post.

P.S. On the bright side, I'm thinking that boy is going to be a little more careful where he clips things from here on out. And maybe he'll start wearing clothes. Maybe.

11 comments:

Shellie said...

Oh, my gosh! I laughed out loud! Too funny- poor boy! Good thing you posted this before he can read- I'm sure he'll hear all about it when he's older... :)

Susan said...

Cam's the MAN! (he's lucky, that was almost negated last night!)

Kassie said...

haha so funny! Sounds like my boy with the no clothes trend. Glad you are feeling better, it is so nice to have such a helpful hubby :)

Elise said...

Thank you, Jen! I needed that laugh tonight.

Cailean said...

.....cannot.....stop......laughing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Belkycita said...

oohhhh ouch!
ouch! ouch! OUCH!!! Poor little boy!
but, what on earth was that boy trying to do?!!!
I hope you didn't get hurt by laughing so hard ;-)

Johnsons of Haymarket said...

HA! I love it! Boys are awesome.

Anna Whiston-Donaldson said...

Wow! That's an original use of a clip on tie!

Owner said...

Oh my gosh, I just read this and I cannot stop laughing. Poor kid, but how did you stop yourself from laughing?? That takes control!

Kori said...

Wow. I needed a laugh like that. Thanks, Cam!

Mormon Share said...

I laughed so hard I cried! Hahaha!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...