Monday, March 22, 2010

A Way With Words


Before we begin, I just want to say one thing. I have never, in my life, said a cuss word. Not once. Honestly. I've thought about sharing this story several times, but since it involves some words I don't say, and I wouldn't want to take this blog down any naughty paths, I've hesitated. But today, since I had a story I wanted to share about Camden, and I totally forgot it, I've gotta have something to share. Right? So here we go...

It was almost three years ago. Camden had just turned three and we were on a two-week cross-country trip from Seattle to VA. It was so much fun, I can't even begin to describe it! But that's not the point. The point is that about half-way through our trip, right about the time we set up camp in Nauvoo, IL, Camden discovered two new loves.

We all learned of Camden's newfound interest in big sticks while playing at the camp playground with all the other nice little Mormon boys and girls - and their mothers. Imagine the shock on everyone's faces when that seemingly sweet little boy shouted out,

"I have a big dick!
Jake, my dick is bigger than yours!"

Yes, those are the moments that make a mommy proud.

That was day one of our stay in Nauvoo.

By day two, Camden had become completely and totally addicted to graham crackers. So it should have come as no surprise when, right in the middle of a very nice older Sister's talk on bread-making, our sweet little three-year-old shouted out,

"Give me some of those damn crackers!"

I'd like to visit Nauvoo again sometime. But I'm not sure it would be good for Camden's vocabulary. Or if we'd be welcome.

3 comments:

Susan said...

Here, titty, titty, titty!

Kori said...

I love it!

Shellie said...

Too funny! Gwen has said some naughty stuff too! Glad we're not the only ones! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...