Thursday, October 8, 2009

Cows-N-Corn


Have I ever mentioned that I really miss my kiddos while they're at school all day?  Well, I do. But not today!

No, it's not because they were so naughty last night that getting rid of them this morning was a pleasure...  What could possibly give you that idea?

Really, I didn't miss them today (well, at least not Jake) because I was with Jake all day!  We went - with all the first gators - to a working dairy farm today.  And when I say working dairy farm, I mean working dairy farm.  None of this cutesy pet the cow, pet the goat, here's a pumpkin type of stuff (though all that was present - and enjoyed - as well).  No, we were there with the cows.  We learned about the cows and how a dairy farm operates, we made - and ate - butter from their milk (yummy!), and yes, we smelled 'em, too!

It really was a great day.  Now we've got to find a time to get back out there with Camden in tow.  Because he will love it!  But until then, we'll have to be content to drink lots of milk. Because now we've met the cows that supply our local Bloom.  And really, how cool is that?!

3 comments:

Cailean said...

Wow, that's awesome! With all the modern technology, there are still working farms. So much to learn on a farm. Coincidentally, I was on a field trip today too with Elizabeth's class at the zoo! We saw a cow but you can be pretty sure it was NOT a farm cow.

The Bennett Family said...

My father has a cow and when we go and visit him that is what they boys love. Lil'Will will wake up early and go sit with Rosie, the cow. We have pictures of them laying in the pasture together. He crawled under the electric fence to spend time with her!

It sounds like you all had a great field trip! I love the ones that are full of good information and fun and exciting as well!

Rachel said...

If you take them to frying pan park (in the herndon area) they can milk a cow. Megan tried it and was pretty grossed out...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...