Monday, August 11, 2008

A Night On The Town


On Saturday evening Dan and I joined his parents and a few siblings for a night out at Toby's. We saw "All Shook Up," a cute show using all Elvis songs. Think "Mama Mia" but with slick hair, rolled tee shirts and tight jeans. So fun! The show was great, and we were out for a night without kids...yippee!

Where were the children? They were with my brother, Uncle Tork (aka Clark) and his cute girlfriend Tistine (aka Pretty Christine). Oh, and three more 19-year-old boys. And how do five teenagers entertain two preschoolers? Well, first they take them out to dinner, where Camden eats more than he's ever eaten in his life and Jake saves his brother by reminding his uncle that Camden can't have strawberries. Then they head home to relax with a movie. Transformers. According to Uncle Tork, it was the most child-friendly movie he had. I believe him on that one. So the boys had a blast - and got to do something I NEVER would have allowed... I guess that's what family is for!

Oh, and the boys' reactions to the movie? Camden was captivated and enchanted and thrilled and... Jake hasn't stopped talking since the movie began. A running commentary that started with the opening credits. And continues today...

1 comment:

Susan said...

I can vouch for that. Jake told me "all" about Transformers for a LONG time last night (Monday). I hope there isn't a quiz since I didn't quite get it all. Something about helicopters over the desert that might have been bad but didn't kill anyone and something about a scorpion, he thinks, cause it had a tail with a long needle on it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...